Recommend me to your friends

Tuesday 24 April 2012

Funny road sign

One of the things I like so much about working for cruise.co.uk is that we don't have a customer service team. Everything is handled by me, from a clients initial quote, to booking their cruise, then any problems or changes on the lead up to their cruise and welcoming them home after as well. It's all done by one person, (me), and the customer has access to my direct telephone number and email address if they need to reach me.
What this means is that I really get to know my passengers; I had one lady who rang up today to book her fourth cruise with me who said it's like ringing an old family friend.
This means that a lot of my clients sometimes just call up for a chat or like to share joke emails they've been sent with me and I thought I'd share this one with you as I found it so funny.



This sign recently went up in Wales. Officials had emailed someone for the translation of
"No entry for heavy goods vehicles. Residential site only"
Assuming the response they got back was correct they went ahead and ordered the sign.
What they didn't realise and what residents were quick to point out to them was that it actually read
"I am not in the office at the moment. Please send any work to be translated".
You've got to love human error sometimes, haven't you!

Happy cruising.

No comments:

Post a Comment