Recommend me to your friends

Monday 23 April 2012

Well that's a bit of a drag

You may remember a post I wrote awhile back about how Azamara were offering a swingers cruise in 2013, (you can read the post here).
As I said in this post this type of theme cruise is quite common, normally with one company chartering the ship and then selling on all the cabins.
However I came across a themed cruise this morning that is on general sale which means there may be a large percentage of people onboard unaware of the theme.
What do you think of this?

Royal Caribbean have now 'themed' the Freedom of the Seas sailing on the 16th of September this year as  a Disco Queens on the High Seas cruise.
In other words the cruise will now have a drag queen theme.
It will be base in the Western Caribbean and will feature nightly drag acts as well as the first Miss High Seas Drag Pageant.
Anyone who knows me will tell you I'm about as open minded as they come and I think themed cruises like this are a great idea, bringing cruising to a whole new market.
However.........
Normally a cruise like this, as I said at the start of this post, would be chartered, meaning it can only be booked through one company. The reason for this is that it ensures only like minded people are onboard and no one runs the risk of being offended.
The problem with this cruise though is that it's on general sale. This means that families with young children, or easily offended little old ladies, could easily book themselves onboard without realising the theme.
As I said, I'm as open minded as they come, but I do think that people should know what they're letting themselves in for before they book and not find out when they're onboard.
what do you think though? Would you mind finding yourself on this cruise or would you have wanted to know about it before you booked?

Happy cruising.

No comments:

Post a Comment