Recommend me to your friends

Thursday 26 July 2012

A funny story for you

I was talking to a passenger of mine today who'd just come back from his cruise and he had this brilliant story to tell. It made me laugh so much I thought I'd share it all with you.................


They'd decided to catch the train down to Southampton but arrived at the train station early so whilst his wife went shopping he bought a mini pack of biscuits and a newspaper and sat down in a cafe to read. He told me a well dressed middle aged gentleman came and sat opposite him as the cafe was quite full but then reached over the table, opened his biscuits and then ate one!
What would you have done?
My passenger, in typical British fashion, decided to say nothing. Although, he told me, he was outraged he just didn't know what to say.
"Excuse me that's my biscuit" just didn't sound right.
However unwilling to let the other gent get away with this behaviour he lent over, pulling the biscuit pack towards him and ate one himself.
Glaring at him the gent then reached over and took another biscuit, pulling the pack back towards himself!
Apparently this continued for about five minutes with each man taking it in turns to take a biscuit whilst glaring at each other and all this done in utter silence; neither said one word to the other for the entire episode.
Eventually the man got up and left after throwing a disgusted look at my client. My passenger then settled down to read his paper.
About ten minutes later his wife turned up and they left to catch the train but when he picked up his paper he found a full packet of biscuits on the table, hidden by his newspaper; he'd been eating from the other mans pack the whole time!

My passenger says his favourite part of this whole episode is that somewhere out there there's another man with the exact same story, they're just missing the punchline.

Happy cruising

5 comments:

  1. I like it. The British sense of humour.. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was unable to read the whole story as it was blocked by a "Page views" pop up, that I could not remove. Why ?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brilliant. Best story in a long while.

    JG

    ReplyDelete
  4. that is sooooo funny,lol

    ReplyDelete