Recommend me to your friends

Friday 26 October 2012

Hurricane season - I told you so.

I'm not one to say I told you so, (not normally anyway), but it is nice to be proved right sometimes.
One of the questions that always bugs me slightly is whats the best time to book a cruise to the Caribbean? Do I need to worry about hurricane season?
Well yes you do, if you're booking a land based holiday but the beauty of a cruise holiday is that it's on a ship so if the Captain sees a storm coming on his chart he can just go somewhere else. I realise that a change of itinerary isn't always everyones favourite option but if it's that or stormy waters I know which I'd pick. I first wrote about this back in July 2010 and you can see what I wrote by clicking here.
The reason I'm talking about this is that there's a great example at the moment of how flexible a cruise holiday can be.................

You may have been reading about Hurricane Sandy affecting the Caribbean at the moment and you may be wondering if it will affect peoples cruise holidays. The answer is not really. The Captains of all the ships in the area know exactly where the storm is and where it's heading and have been able to change their itineraries accordingly.
The Allure of the Seas, rather than visiting Falmouth, Jamaica will have an extra day at sea.
The Carnival Valour will head straight for Costa Maya without stopping at Grand Cayman first.
The Carnival Pride will be stopping off at Port Canaveral rather than the Bahamas.

So yes, if you cruise in hurricane season your cruise may not be quite as advertised but it certainly shouldn't ruin the experience.

Happy cruising.


No comments:

Post a Comment