Recommend me to your friends

Sunday 28 October 2012

Royal confirm new mega ship

I love big ships! Royal Caribbeans Independence of the Seas, NCLs Epic - The bigger the better as far as I'm concerned. 
Two ships I'm desperate to see, (but have avoided up till now because of the flight times with two young children in tow), are the Oasis and Allure of the Seas so I was particularly happy to hear that, thanks to better than expected third quarter profits this year, RCCL have just announced that they are in the process of negotiating a new 'Oasis style' mega liner that will be ready for 2016.

Now by the time 2016 comes around my kids will be old enough to fly down to the Caribbean however what I'm hoping for is that with two mega ships already in the Caribbean, (Oasis and Allure), Royal Caribbean might consider bringing one of them over to Europe.
I'm sure it wont be an easy decision for them. The European market is traditionally a 'late booking' market and I'm sure Royal Caribbean wont want to fill a ship with a 5,500 passenger capacity at half price. Coupled with that the ship would be limited to the ports it could travel to at that size but I'm still sitting here fingers crossed we get one.
What do you think? Would you like to see a ship that size in Europe or do you think they belong firmly on the other side of the pond?
How do you feel with the current trend of 'mega ships' continuing? Obviously I'm in favour of it but I know they're not for everyone. Would you like to see a return to a small ship design or even more of these behemoths?

Happy cruising.

No comments:

Post a Comment