Recommend me to your friends

Friday 2 November 2012

A new cruise line?

Reading the Metro newspaper this morning I came across this little story that I thought I'd share with you all. I know nothing may come of it but if it does it could be a very interesting option for some people.............

A group of British business men are trying to restart a luxury liner service that last operated back in the 1970's.
They've commissioned Stephen Payne, (the man who designed Cunards QM2), to draw up a blue print for two 100,000 tonne ships. They will operate 12 cruises a year each of 25 days in length sailing from Southampton to Sydney and back.
So much like the current QM2's route of Southampton to New York it will be perfect for people looking to emigrate to Australia but don't like the thought of the long flight down under.
The new venture is called Project Orient Limited and they are aiming to have the two ships ready by 2016, each capable of carrying up to 2,200 people per voyage with fares starting from £3000 per person.

I'm quite excited by this. If they manage to secure their funding and get the project finished on time I can see a lot of cruisers being interested in these voyages.
What do you think? Do you fancy a long trip Down Under with only the hassle of the flight back to contend with? Have you tried this journey before the last time it was running?
Let me know what you think here.

Happy cruising

No comments:

Post a Comment